Sunday, May 15, 2011

Making Most Popular Even More Popular

Each week I look at the most popular stories WBUR has produced in the week.  This week I wondered if I could use Storify to make them even more popular.

Here's what I did:

a) I went through the top stories of the week for all the shows produced at the station.  I collected the top ten.

b) I then went and found the most interesting tweets I could find about those stories.  It was a great experience to go through the tweets about the shows.  Some I'd seen during the week, some I hadn't.  Some were very funny, some were poignant; all were interesting to review.

(This step wasn't as easy as it might have been.  Some of the tweets were beyond the reach of the week of tweets in Twitter's search, and by extension Storify's search too.  As a quick work around for this I used Google to search for terms and I narrowed the search with site:twitter.com.  This got me what I wanted, but there must be a better way to do this.  Please comment below if you have a better idea.)


d) To complete the circle I tweeted thanks to the Tweeple whose tweets I'd put in the Storify.

In review I'd say this was a fun experiment to carry out.  I could have done a better job of putting the Storify page together.  Perhaps stacking the links at the top, or writing a clearer explanation of what the page is about.

I'd be a very grateful for any thoughts you might have on this.  How do you think I could have done a better job?


No comments: